spoon

Recent Posts

Why Trust me With a Travel Guide?

0

Category :

Writing Travel Guides
Last year before our almost month long trip to Bozcaada, I was frustrated due to the scarcity of resources. New York Times is dedicated to covering parts of Turkey but mainly Istanbul, almost every month. (is Turkey their travel writers favorite vacation spot maybe?) I love their 36 hour-series but that usually covers the big cities. Travel commentators are also almost always are drawn to more predictable destinations. I want to be able to trust Trip Advisor but something about it turns me off. I can never tell who it is that wrote those comments. I have not been their suggestions but yet again- there is something fishy. I am almost waiting to be disappointed each time. For eating suggestions within the US Eater is by far the best. There is nothing like Eater in places I travel outside of the US. Those who comment on the food are divided also to two camps; those who love fancy travel/eating and those who are more drawn to the approachable and affordable stops. (such as the Frugal Traveller of NY Times who apparently is attempting to come up with a Sweden travel. I hope he publishes his story before we get there in two weeks) There is something universal about the desire to eat and to see new places. This class distinction of coverage is also unsettling. I decided as a response to prepare a set of guides for places I know well.


Trustworthy, hungry and adventurous = me

Why trust me?

I shake when I see good food. I love airports. My cheeks get red when I consume 2 or more drinks but in general I am a happy drunk. A good sunset is always an occasion to celebrate and drink.  I am yet to get sick from anything I eat of the street. I love offal meat. I also love proper dining when I have the money to do so. I don't have too much to indulge in what I do all the time, but just enough to enjoy it immensely when I get to go somewhere. The budget restrains allows me to be selective and my approach to traveling to be itself more approachable to many. Things I chronicle I live to do. I am just picky enough without ever loosing on the kindness. I like to be able to remember things with a smile. For the Turkey part of the travels, I am also the daughter of a famous Turkish food show host. I have not been a spot that I did not love that was my father's suggestion. He is the guru of Turkish dives and local food hubs. So there you go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.